Campaign of the Month: November 2010
Cthulhu Supremus Est
The diary of Henry DuPont
Approximately ninety pages in length, it is not what one would call a conventional diary; rather it discusses the DuPont family lineage and history. There are, however, specific entries pertaining to various dates and events.
DuPont Family History
- 1750. Fredric DuPont is born to Martha and Alfred DuPont in the colony of New York.
- 1780. At age 30, Fredric travels to the Middle East and opens a successful trading business. About this time his parents die and he is left the family fortune.
- 1790. Fredric becomes involved in the establishment of a gentleman’s club, primarily to assist in his trading. This club however has a much more sinister heart.
- 1800. Fredric begins preparations to return to America as tension amongst the club’s more powerful members builds.
- 1801. The cult is disbanded and Fredric leaves for Washington D.C. with the leader of the cult.
- 1802. DuPont arrives home in America without the cult leader is dead (although the Stone of Xnalku, the cult’s most powerful artifact is now in his possession).
- 1809. Fredric has spends 7 years traveling with the Stone of Xnalku as his guide, finally settling in the Steeplin Valley.
- 1810. Construction begins on the DuPont mill.
- 1811. The Church of Xnaaki is established.
- 1812. The Church is closed to keep the Mill workers happy.
- 1815. DuPont marries and turns over a new leaf, abandoning his pursuit of Xnaaki. The statue is made to hide the Stone of Xnalku.
- 1821. Fredric has his first and only child, Robert.
- 1826. Fredric DuPont dies in hunting accident.
- 1842. Robert comes of age and takes ownership of the DuPont Mill.
- 1844. Robert marries.
- 1847. The statue and a few other items of jewelry are stolen from the DuPont estate and a fire is used to cover the theft. The thieves sell the stolen items on foreign black markets.
- 1855. Mathew DuPont is born.
- 1885. Mathew marries and takes ownership of the Mill. The same year Robert dies.
- 1898. Henry DuPont is born.
- 1910. The manuscript pages are discovered by a Steeplin town deputy. With the script he reforms the cult which slowly grows in numbers and influence.
- 1922. Mathew is killed by the cult when he refuses to join.
- 1923. Henry takes ownership of the DuPont Mill and quickly learns the truth behind his father’s death.
- 1924. Henry begins researching a way to stop the cult and destroy Xnaaki. He also begins to plan the relocation of the Mill and the local population away from the lake.
- 1925. The Stone of Xnalku is located and Henry arranges for its sale in Arkham. Closing the mill is proving more difficult than initially planned.
- 1926. The cult begins to fight the move, as does the Mill’s board, although for very different reasons. The stone arrives in Arkham ahead of schedule.
June 20, 1926
Booth and I have arrived in Arkham under the cover of darkness. I procured a local residence when I learned about the auction, and with luck will find a number of trust-worthy souls to acquire the statue.
If my information is accurate, $3,000 should be enough to ensure that my agents will have the winning bid.
What happens after that is a matter for fate to decide.